• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 30, 2021

    Death Stranding Why is Death Stranding labeled as a game with lite gameplay mechanics when it's clearly one of the most gameplay focused games of the last decades?

    Death Stranding Why is Death Stranding labeled as a game with lite gameplay mechanics when it's clearly one of the most gameplay focused games of the last decades?


    Why is Death Stranding labeled as a game with lite gameplay mechanics when it's clearly one of the most gameplay focused games of the last decades?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:51 AM PST

    Every facet of this game just fascinates me and seeing it being reduced to just a "meditative" experience by some people isn't doing the game justice.

    The beauty of the painterly landscape and environment which ties in with the gameplay mechanics is something that is completely devoid in most games. The industrial design which looks like it is inspired by shinto buddhism to reach for the mysterious and sacred, the references to Kafkas description of the Odradek. Knot's, ladders, ropes and the way these almost prosa-like buddhist inspired words find their way into the actual gameplay mechanics. I haven't played a game in a long time where the mysticism, lore and storytelling is so strongly mixed with its gameplay.

    submitted by /u/Watchmen1992
    [link] [comments]

    Share a porter with your porter!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 06:56 PM PST

    Picked up a vinyl from one of my favourite artists

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 03:53 PM PST

    I Was Gonna Make A Massive Tips Video For This; Don't Want Them Going To Waste

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 06:37 PM PST

    I'll probably still make the video eventually, but this shouldn't collect dust because of it.

    Writing down tips for games I get REALLY invested in can be a curse sometimes. The result is that I can't 'just play' games anymore. On the upside though, I get to produce things about what I do love playing, and share it with others!

    DELIVERY TIPS

    • When first given control, players are shown the grip buttons to help keep balance. This's for both dealing with rough terrain, and keeping cargo vertical. What isn't shown enough, is that holding both grip buttons will help Sam keep his balance far more effectively than holding one of them. This sacrifices speed for stability. Crouch will also instantly stabilize and keep cargo balanced as indefinitely until you stand again.

    • AUTO ARRANGE-CARGO FREQUENTLY. Sam's center of gravity can be dramatically improved if you're doing this often. An exception to this advice would be with certain cargo runs that have specific transport requirements, such as the infamous pizza delivery missions that require it to stay flat. With things like that, you'll need to arrange your cargo in a more manual way so the aforementioned pizza sits on top of your pack, rather than sideways. A truck can also keep pizza flat, as you would expect.

    • Cargo is safest under the strap, and will be better protected if you take a fall. Anything stacked above it however, will be more susceptible to damage and even fall off if Sam tries to go under low obstacles.

    • Cargo is measured in size and weight, and Sam has a limit to both of these. Small cargo can fit on your shoulder or hip braces, while medium cargo and up will need to be strapped to the back. You'll see on the bottom right when you're taking an order how many containers, and how much weight Sam will be taking beforehand. This way you'll be able to plan accordingly if you need a vehicle or floating carrier too, or you can just cancel out if the order is too much, and pick something easier to carry. One more thing related to cargo weight, the more Sam is weighed down, his movement and turning will become sluggish. It'll also take longer to stop. So if you've got a heavy load of cargo and are going downhill, you absolutely wanna make sure to hold those grip buttons, and give enough space when you reach the bottom.

    • Some situations may call for precise movement and turning. The compass can help with this if you just need to make a 180 without too much fuss, step onto a weirdly tilting ladder, and safely navigate steep cliffs.

    • Each delivery point has something to offer if you build connection rating with them. Along with this, more and more tools to promote delivery efficiency are unlocked as you make successful deliveries, be it vehicles, active skeletons, weapons, backpack mods, portable constructors, etc… I want to draw particular attention to the active skeleton which comes in 3 variants: Power Skeleton, Speed Skeleton, and All-Terrain Skeleton. Once you find a prepper that provides you with one of these, max out their connection stars by bringing them deliveries and they'll level up the fabrication plans for that active skeleton! Anything that makes transporting things on foot easier, should be considered, but since walking is a core mechanic I've determined active skeletons as the most important.

    • ALWAYS CHECK WATER DEPTH with your Odradek scanner before you cross either on foot or in a trike. Red means you'll be swept away, while yellow and blue are safe to cross. If you do decide to wade through water on foot, holding your grip buttons during most of it will slow your endurance drain. Keep in mind too that you can just stop while in the water to regain stamina, then keep trudging forth after it recovers.

    • Cargo has two durability bars, container and cargo. The quality of the container on the delivery does not matter, only the quality of its contents! Containers lose durability by impacts and timefall, and there's a couple ways to repair them to further protect the cargo inside. Container repair spray is the equipment option, and can be used to spray the containers on your back or on the ground. Another option is player constructed timefall shelters. When entered, a timefall shelter will spray repair mist each time. If you've already unlocked shelters for your PCC's, you might as well carry those instead and drop a timefall shelter if you desperately need some repairs or a shield from the timefall. The benefit of being player constructed too is other players may have placed a shelter nearby for you to use, letting you save your own equipment.

    • Rough and rocky terrain can smooth out and become dirt paths the more you and other players travel it.

    • Once you can gather them, Chiral Crystals are the ultimate maintenance resource. They weigh nothing, and can be used on construction and repairs. Chiral Crystals are also used to fuel floating carriers. There are also spots that spawn clusters of Chiral Crystals tucked away in some locations on the map. Take note when you find them, since you can return later to gather more.

    • PREMIUM DELIVERIES become available (After Order 24?), and can easily be overlooked; if you do take these on, they'll come with extra requirements like a timer or extremely minimal damage. Completing these within the requirement will raise your legend rank (depending on game difficulty), as well as grant increased likes when premium cargo makes it to its destination.

    • Used up items (Like Blood Bags) still take up inventory space, and should be dropped when they're empty either through the radial or cargo menu. If you feel like waiting until you can replenish them, the game will actually tell you from the fabricator menu how many of that item is used up, and automatically replace them if you auto-sort your cargo after, offloading your empties in one smooth motion.

    • Resting in a Safehouse or Distro Center replenishes lost endurance, as well as gives a 25% boost if you drink up to 3 energy drinks after....in the game that is. Don't drink 3 energy drinks in a row in real life.

    • Important Cargo can be left up to 1000 Meters away before it disappears. If you're making a side trip that happens to be a lot further than 1000 meters, you can stash other deliveries in a Private locker at Bridges Facilities, Safehouses, or Postboxes. If you need to leave your empty vehicle there too, it'll stay where you left it.

    • When making a delivery, holding crouch let's Sam stop to rest, which is a way to both save the game, and even recover endurance with some sleep. Be mindful that resting in dangerous environments can result in game overs, so be mindful where you choose to rest.

    These are just ONE SECTION of my notes... but I figure this's enough so far, add some below if you feel like it. Like I said, I don't want this to just sit in my google docs until the proper moment arises.

    submitted by /u/CaedoGenesis
    [link] [comments]

    i think these two are currently my favorite pictures i have taken in photo mode

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 11:50 AM PST

    So glad I decided to give this game a shot

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 05:18 AM PST

    Hello everyone. I'm sure this post is one of so many you've seen before, but my wife doesn't really care about gaming and I don't have a huge circle of gamer friends, so I thought I'd share my thoughts here.

    I just played through DS twice (had to try it on the hardest diff), and I'm not even sure what to say about it aside from how I think it's such a beautiful game, and totally not what I was expecting. It's such a breath of fresh air in the industry. Not that great games don't come out often, but the typical looter shooter or COD just aren't my style.

    The gameplay loop is so much more entertaining than I thought it would be. It's very interesting and rewarding finding the best route to your destination, and even better, once you set up infrastructure to make return trips much easier, that since of satisfaction shoots up. Having other players all helping each other certainly added to that as well.

    I was pessimistic going in, because I haven't enjoyed a MGS game since the 1st, and that made me wary of me just not enjoying Kojima's style of storytelling. Boy was I wrong on this one. There was so much gameplay here that I never felt bogged down by the storytelling, and even when you get big exposition dumps, the story IMO was very well-written and compelling and I was actually interested in every little detail I could get my hands on. It has the typical corny points that are very unique to Kojima, such as some of the campy dialogue and eye-rolling character names, but I honestly think that at this point, those things add to the charm of a Kojima game.

    Possibly [SPOILER]Speaking of the story...ever since I had two sons I've been more moved by emotional stories than before. When Sam said "Come on Lou. One last delivery." and I had to deal with that entire scene, it absolutely broke me. I don't think I had ever cried over a game before, but I was a wreck at that point. Even thinking about it now makes me tear up. DS may not be a perfect game, but it lands the emotional points SO WELL. Those moments, along with maybe the best music in a game ever, just combined to end me. 10/10 would cry again in a heartbeat, that was masterfully done.

    The final point that makes me just know that the game is special, is that it's a game you'll just think about. I put 80 hours in, and whenever I wasn't playing, I was thinking about the game. Thinking about the lore, the characters, the complex world they live in, Cliff's story...it's on my mind and will be for a long time. Perfect/not perfect, overrated/underrated, whatever...Kojima and co. made a game that had a profound effect on me. I'm glad I gave it the time!

    submitted by /u/ctye85
    [link] [comments]

    "We are growing apart, retreating into isolation, gradually losing our place within society. I would even go so far as to say our conceptions of reality are under threat." Wow, this game hits close to home.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 12:07 PM PST

    Received my pledge from "A Hideo Kojima Book" Kickstarter. The man for sure delivers ����

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:54 PM PST

    Found this on r/WTF. I think it belongs here

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 06:07 PM PST

    I am almost done, and I've been delaying the end

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 04:49 PM PST

    I am at the last stretch when Fragile can't jump me back. I've been delaying the end, I'm not ready.

    submitted by /u/fitpetboo
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: Let us keep and upgrade enemy trucks we capture

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:30 AM PST

    Is it better to 5 star Port Knot early or later?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 06:14 PM PST

    I thought trying to 5 star Wind Farm was extremely difficult. Port Knot is right up there. Was wondering if I should try to grind to 5 star Port Knot during chapter 2. Is it better to wait later on?

    submitted by /u/AntonChigurh8933
    [link] [comments]

    After 3 months of waiting. My Nedoroid Sam Porter Bridges has finally arrived!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 02:26 AM PST

    Shadows flickering without DLSS

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 08:45 PM PST

    Shadows near eyes and arms are flickering. I don't see anything like those in the gameplay videos. Also, the hair looks weird (probably some anti-aliasing issue). With DLSS on, these issues don't appear. I wanted to play on native, without DLSS, since I'm only playing with 1080p resolution it should be able to support it. I've tried all the graphics settings, reducing and increasing them, but nothing changes. I even tried forcing 16x anisotropic filtering with the NVIDIA control panel but no improvement to these issues. Any help?

    Specs:

    Ryzen 5 3600XT

    RTX2070 Super (with the latest driver)

    16GB RAM

    submitted by /u/theSaen
    [link] [comments]

    Do the cosmetics have any gameplay benefits I'm unaware of?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 06:57 PM PST

    I apologise if this has been discussed already, but I spent about an hour last night Googling this and never found what I was looking for.

    So basically, do the hat and glasses provide any kind of benefit to Sam besides looking stylish? I've only found HOW to equip them, not what they do for you if anything. I've heard that the otter hat(which I need to go get once I get there) gives you some bonus while swimming, but that's all I could find.

    Oh, also, can you ever change the suit colors? They show like 4 in the display case, but I can't seem to use them?

    Thank you if you can answer this for me. I don't know if I just didn't ask the right thing on Google or what.

    submitted by /u/Vox_Populi_1981
    [link] [comments]

    Any ideas about this extended edition?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:31 AM PST

    If it's even real... I remember a supposed leak here where someone said there would be a raid mode etc. Just wondering if people think it's really then what sort of content do you think there will be?

    submitted by /u/JordanNails
    [link] [comments]

    Order number 36

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 11:10 AM PST

    Hi. I've finished the game. But I'm eager to finish some other orders that have left upon me. One of them is the order n. 36. As much as I understand, I need to retrieve some Sticky guns from MULE's camp. I was there for 2 times already. MULEs have sticky guns but I can't retrieve them. I shows me they just carry some materials after I beat them up, but no sticky guns even though they point with it at me. I have an assumption that I have to visit their camp having already one gun in the inventory but I can't fabricate it yet. And I remember during the game I had one but I recycled it or something. It was long ago. Any suggestions on how I can retrieve the sticky guns from the MULE's camp for order 36??? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Pagan_vibes
    [link] [comments]

    Death stranding--Behind it's Fourth Wall is you (doing this)

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:46 AM PST

    Death stranding--Behind it's Fourth Wall is you (doing this)

    In lock-down with the pandemic "Don't have fun with total strangers" is pretty much the vibe. So it's a matter of time before somebody points out the obvious thing everyone is ignoring. ( see video)

    It's a stark contrast between what's happening on screen and what's happening on the sofa. And i think it may be worth noting that its a sunny day outside the room i'm in.

    https://preview.redd.it/ngrrtzgmaie61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=d80e1fa75136a3fd2b52f25d6dd51419b8f2ddbb

    This is the real tragedy Kojima may be trying to make us aware of. Additionally, the real world, with the icecaps, polar bears and other endangered species is while we sit in these caves of steel that serve as a womb.

    For your consieration: i ask, when is the last time you spent as many hours outside with others as you have on the sofa with a game like Death Stranding?

    You're not alone. I'm asking myself the same things.

    submitted by /u/Sincerely_Andy-C
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment