• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 19, 2021

    Death Stranding Got my retro jewel case for Death Stranding <3

    Death Stranding Got my retro jewel case for Death Stranding <3


    Got my retro jewel case for Death Stranding <3

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 07:12 PM PST

    The Chiral Collection- i think i painted a necklace ad

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 05:11 AM PST

    My custom facemasks arrived!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 03:00 PM PST

    When the rain finally stops

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 05:22 AM PST

    Throwing bottles of piss on my friends... #PorterLife

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:01 PM PST

    I can't stop playing this game

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:13 AM PST

    been running around postgame taking pictures and listening to LowRoar, this game really is something else

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 07:30 AM PST

    This has got to be the most beautiful game I’ve ever played.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 01:44 PM PST

    Death Stranding Achieved “Record-Breaking” Sales For Sony not sure how true this but I'm happy the game is doing well

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 02:50 PM PST

    Best cargo ever

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 03:09 PM PST

    1920x1080 wallpaper

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 09:51 AM PST

    Found this nice pic from a while ago and gotta say, this game is beautiful

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 01:55 AM PST

    ([A NEW WAY TO PLAY DEATH STRANDING MISSIONS] PROJECT) METAL GEAR STRANDING V- The Phantom Game

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 06:31 PM PST

    TL;DR 

    A new way to play death stranding, for those few who might, like myself, actually enjoy the MULE/Demens encounters and the stealth and action mechanics this game has to offer, either from how remarkably balanced the challenge feels in regards to the difficulty it presents, the satisfaction of engaging with the gameplay mechanics; the reward, duration and frequency of the encounters to a casual player or a shitty gamer like myself, or just the genuine appreciation of how good this game feels to play, and the desire to do something out of the ordinary in it with the amazing sandbox it lays claim to.

    TL;DR Challenges: SCROLL TO PAGE 5 (reddit wouldnt let me paste the table that explains the missions:

    ____________________________________

    POST BEGINS HERE

    Prologue 

    It occurred to me today, as I raided a mule camp for a Standard Order, to not bring a bola gun and bring only the most necessary equipment since I always exceed practical requirements and somewhat well remember how much I use for a mule camp and a terrorist camp. Suddenly i decided not to equip a bola gun since I remembered- despite how amusing the mechanic is- it makes the raiding a tad too easy. As I raided the mule camp, the lack of this weapon in its optimal environment which is an open field with no obstructions made me reflect far more on how to handle the situation exponentially and actively consider every tool at my disposal; compared to the usual routine of "take cover/keep your distance, stun vehicle, bola gun everyone, shotgun if they group up and get too close" that lasts anywhere between 2-5 minutes at most. The short moment that this encounter lasted was far more amusing and satisfying than they already were for me, I was positively sad it ended so quickly,

    Because of that, Having played and finished MGS V a couple weeks ago I came up with a "Never be Game Over" kind of idea

    Modding Potential 

    Making mods Integrating this mechanics and creating new ones in the spirit of metal gear for PC players, who knows, this could give you porters with more crazy ideas of mods that could build on this revolutionary design of a sandbox, of course it's only a matter of time before a chimera of towering heights with the menacing body of a lion and the positively eerie semblance of Thomas the Tank engine insidiously creeps into our souls as it consumes us both in-game and in our dreams, or they make sam fly and break the game, but in keeping with the spirit of "Homo Ludens", creating those incredible mods we see in other games that acknowledge the existing gameplay mechanics, take areas, systems or event types and further potentiate and incentivize to continue an already awesome game, one which has the fact that it ends for its biggest flaw. For example: you could turn this into a mod with achievements (is that actually possible?) or a missions list and side ops list like in metal gear that tracks stats and ticks the boxes for a completion and performance rating

    • TBE

    Introduction 

    Celebrating two of the best philosophical works I have ever experienced unexpectedly in the new medium of videogames, by rejoicing in the other brilliant and ludicrously overlooked aspects of this game through, among other things, an exploration and exploitation of all the satisfying and innovatively inconvenient stealth and third person shooter mechanics the work of art named Death Stranding has to offer.

    CHAPTERS AND MISSIONS- COLLECTIVE DOCUMENT. SEND ME A COMMENT ON THE POST TO TELL ME YOU'D LIKE TO EDIT IN SOMETHING AND I WILL GLADLY ADD YOU, KEEPING IN THE SPIRIT OF THE SOCIAL STRAND SYSTEM. TOMORROW IS IN OUR HANDS :) 

    LINK TO VIEW THIS DOCUMENT, GO TO PAGE 5

    Pending list 

    • BT related chapters (I'm ready to be outraged, proceed)
    • Cargo recovered related challenges
    • All cargo + no d/no d, etc.
    • Ranks, maybe? For stealth

    Potential ideas (many of this are quite ludicrous, but again, since passionate MGS players hate themselves more than they hate not completing a challenge, here are some concepts, some of them feel like MGSV padding its own missions, some of them may be genuinely worth expanding profoundly upon, hopefully).

    Ground Zeroes inspired concepts

    • Specific location challenges? This is where mods would come to be absolutely useful adding structures and buildings to existing camps or new camps with structures somewhere barren, maybe replacing bt's for a camp in a city, adding specific missions like the amazing cliff sections, etc., Anyway, working with what we have:
    • Location challenges? you can only engage enemies while inside the tents, you can only hurt enemies inside tents, you can only damage enemies who haven't seen you or have lost sight of where you are (that's as mgs V as it gets, since somehow Sam can dispatch a group of 12 armed men all attacking his location with more ease and speed than V can :O), you can only attack enemies who are hauling ass towards you inside bodies of water, you can only engage enemies while inside water, you can only engage enemies from X location in a particular camp, you can only use X route (obviously by route I mean handpicked by the challenge, not the in game ones)
    • RPG-ing? Like the console exclusive missions (body snatchers with raiden, etc.) No idea what this would translate to. I didnt actually play those so It'd be interesting to know if the game itself changes the dynamics of the engagement, or if the player has a different way of interacting, regardless that again would probably have to be a mod but it may be absurd since it doesn't compliment the game in any way and would rather be more on the side of the Thomas the tank engine stuff.

     LETS KEEP EXPANDING THE NETWORK 

    This took all afternoon to make, and it was quite interesting, if this isn't a totally pointless idea and you guys would like to expand upon it with me I'd be more than happy to, I don't know much about mgs beyond the story that I've read and watched videos on, and played V only, so oas far as the actual mission types and objectives I fall very short, I'm sure you will have many bright ideas, beyond that, I plan to expand on BT challenges too, bosses are easy of course, but maybe some other nonsesne lik having to do X or Y, and specific criteria for the replayable boss battles too. Also, I'm on chapter 8 so please no spoilers. Keep on Keepin' on :)

    submitted by /u/Great-Turn9882
    [link] [comments]

    Finally, that was a long trip...

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 09:48 PM PST

    When you play so much that you learn to walk IRL

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:13 AM PST

    Advanced combat tips? plz help I suck. Share your best adcive and discoveries!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:58 PM PST

    Hi everyone, I would very much appreciate whatever tips you have (or example on yt, if you've ever seen it and it's harder to explain it) on best taking advantage of the movement and combat systems of the game, I find it extremely fulfilling and I'm making a project I shared here that consists on a series of MGS-style combat challenges, missions and specific challenge tasks that consist on different combinations of weapon, tools and location restrictions or requirements for fighting camps, I discovered a little bit of how creative you can get with this game after i decided to go into a camp today without bola gun or assault rifle and having to improvise and use and combine every tool at my disposal while loosing some of them and gainig others as they knocked off my cargo was exhilarating, problem is, some of those harder challenges I came up with I would never be able to do because I suck at this game, so any advice you've picked up from your personal experience of putting the different game systems in tandem with each other is much appreciated. I'm especially interested in your advice on the bare minimums of fighting, like mastering the tackle and the jumping punch and parrying, etc. thanks a lot!

    submitted by /u/Great-Turn9882
    [link] [comments]

    [PC] I just found out there's an artbook in the installation folder

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 06:04 AM PST

    its in [wherever you installed]:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Death Stranding\artbook

    The art is made by Yoji Shinkawa, who also made past metal gear's cover art.

    submitted by /u/PoporiMasterRace
    [link] [comments]

    This game put me exactly where it wanted me. Chapter 14 spoils

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:59 AM PST

    When you are faced with the choice to shoot or join Amelie: I aimed the gun at her and couldn't shoot her, then I remembered Amelie really cared about sam. So I ran at her and as soon as I saw hug I got so happy cuz that's exactly what I wanted to do. It was amazing. Later I found out if you shoot her it fails the scene which is fucking stupid. It just happened that I was so into the story that I did what was right and it fooled me into thinking there was a bad choice. Would have took a lot of the moment away if I shot her then had to redo it.

    submitted by /u/queenchanka
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question about this area. Is there anything here? Should I explore it?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 11:04 AM PST

    Super Long Load Times on PC Version

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 10:29 AM PST

    Started playing around January 2 and I have never ceased to be amazed at.... how long this game takes to load.

    I'm pulling from a SATA6 SSD (thinking about moving it to NVME) onto a system with 64GB RAM and a nicely clocked Ryzen 7 1700x.

    Everything else I load and run is fairly zippy (well - there's video editing but that's the 64GB of RAM for ya).

    I searched on load times and the most recent post seems to be a year ago. Is this just a "get over it" problem? Or is there some optimization that has been found by the community that I should implement?

    submitted by /u/thepreacherplays
    [link] [comments]

    Can't log in. Error cod 60001 ps5

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 04:01 PM PST

    I just set up a wired connection and cannot seem to log in to the game servers, the internet is working properly I can watch netflix with no problems at all. So I don't really know what's the problem.

    Help please :(

    submitted by /u/mezcalex_
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with high density resin?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 10:41 AM PST

    Apparently high density resin is something special, and I just got it from the old man. What thing should I use it on?

    submitted by /u/IDuckling
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment