• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 8, 2020

    Death Stranding Norman Reedus Followed me Sent a DM regarding my Death Stranding Project, wow!

    Death Stranding Norman Reedus Followed me Sent a DM regarding my Death Stranding Project, wow!


    Norman Reedus Followed me Sent a DM regarding my Death Stranding Project, wow!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:46 AM PST

    This is what Hideo Kojima should have called this game

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:53 PM PST

    My screenshot pls rate

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:17 AM PST

    Death Stranding's Hidden Theme

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:04 PM PST

    This past week, I finished my second playthrough of Death Stranding, one year after my first. After a bit of time ruminating over the plot and listening to the soundtrack (so good!) I've realized one of the themes of this game's narrative that isn't quite as prevalent as the more blatant ones of connection and family.

    One of Death Stranding's central themes is dealing with toxic, manipulative relationships. This is seen throughout the story through the metaphor of the internet, or, the chiral network. Humanity has a strained and quite toxic relationship with the internet- this isn't breaking news. The internet provides us with innumerable benefits but has also caused division, hatred, fear and psychological turmoil. Likewise, many the preppers in Death Stranding state the very same thing for the chiral network (which clearly is a representation of the modern-era internet). While all preppers eventually decide to embrace the network at some point, many make clear the dangers that it also prevents and state their doubts. The internet's impact on humanity being compared to a toxic relationship isn't necessarily a novel idea, but compounded with the other thread of DS's narrative it really drives this theme through.

    The second representation of this theme is the relationship between Sam and Amelie. I really wanted to understand the decision of why Silent Poets' Almost Nothing was the first song playing during the credits of the game. This is a song about the singer looking back on a fading relationship. Sam's love for his sister is the driving motivation behind his character, it's the reason behind the action of the protagonist in the first place. Sam wishes to save his sister. We see Amelie's impact on Sam throughout his youth in the form of flashbacks during the story, showing how she gives Sam courage and provides a sense of security for him. However, Amelie is also revealed to be manipulating Sam, lying to him and making him go through so much and face the tough decisions for the sake of humanity. Sam's relationship with Amelie becomes strained and muddied by the climax. This is evidenced in the short scene when Fragile takes Sam to Amelie's beach for the final time and convincing him that he loves her takes longer than before in order to form their "link" to the Beach.

    Sam cares deeply for Amelie, and likewise, she loves him as well but her existence as an EE has severely warped her perception of humanity and relationships with others. Amelie became a manipulator and a bad influence on Sam (and the rest of humanity!) resorting to dooming them all to extinction. In the end, both characters realized that the only way to end this conflict was to let one another go, stranding Amelie on the Beach.

    Death Stranding discusses conflicted relationships, where one must weigh the benefits and drawbacks of staying with a certain individual or concept. This "theme" doesn't cover the whole of Death Stranding and it certainly isn't the one most central to the story's narrative but I do think that it is prevalent enough to warrant discussion- and I haven't seen this topic addressed much! What do you think about this "theme"?

    Thanks for reading this mini-essay!

    submitted by /u/CitrusHarmonia
    [link] [comments]

    Awe.. Sam.. Buddy.. :(

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:51 PM PST

    Just experienced the scariest bug in my gaming life...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:30 AM PST

    Death Stranding Fanmade Short Film

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:31 AM PST

    This game is so beautiful! ��

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:44 AM PST

    See the sunset, the day is ending.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:43 PM PST

    After a year-long break, I’ve finally done it.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 01:01 PM PST

    Tactical Delivery Operations

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:35 PM PST

    This game is so amazing...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 04:21 PM PST

    Saaaam....you don't look stoned at all man....just go in and get the 4Lokos....

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 03:05 PM PST

    I picked the game up again after a gap of almost a year

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 03:24 PM PST

    I bought the game digitally on release, took my time and played the game up to a few deliveries after getting to Port Knot City, then life and the pandemic got in the way and I found myself working from home.

    I couldn't find the time to put into the game that it deserved in order for me to properly enjoy the experience and suddenly about 11 months had passed.

    I picked up where I left off about a week ago and I'm in love with the game all over again. I usually play for a few hours every day or so, finishing episode 5 this evening.

    I'm looking forward to getting deeper into the story.

    Keep on keeping on!

    submitted by /u/Rumptiddliey
    [link] [comments]

    I finally reached the next city after a long walk.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 05:47 PM PST

    The first time I’ve ever used photo mode in a game. Loving this game soo far!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:58 AM PST

    That's gonna hurt tomorrow.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 01:21 PM PST

    [Boss-fight] A real butt-clencher of a fight.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 07:17 PM PST

    Well I'm an idiot...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:41 AM PST

    Recently started playing this game. I think I'm obsessed.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:48 AM PST

    Really cool screenshot I took.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 06:17 PM PST

    Kojima is God (Actually just genius)

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:54 AM PST

    Everything the light touches...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 01:03 PM PST

    [SPOILER] Peter Englert’s Emails

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 01:46 PM PST

    I swear I once read that Peter's emails refer to different story characters. His first pizza request is for his sick sister, then for a couple he knows, then his wife, and last his dying father. I figured the first one would be Amelie, and potentially Cliff for the last, but the middle two are a little fuzzy. Am I making this up or did I read it somewhere?

    Edit: typo

    submitted by /u/oliviaaks
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment