• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 7, 2020

    Death Stranding I just started playing Death Stranding. Simply, WOW. I'm stuck in a constant conflict of wanting to pause to take a photo, but also wanting to continue the story and deliveries!

    Death Stranding I just started playing Death Stranding. Simply, WOW. I'm stuck in a constant conflict of wanting to pause to take a photo, but also wanting to continue the story and deliveries!


    I just started playing Death Stranding. Simply, WOW. I'm stuck in a constant conflict of wanting to pause to take a photo, but also wanting to continue the story and deliveries!

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 11:34 AM PST

    Death stranding nailsArt “A Hideo Kojima Nails”

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 03:50 AM PST

    happy 1 year death stranding!

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 09:20 PM PST

    One year ago, "The store opened at 10:00". Had to walk a couple of kilometers in a blizzard, only later realized how well that mirrored the gaming experience itself.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 06:04 PM PST

    This was more than a game to me.

    Posted: 06 Nov 2020 11:58 PM PST

    I often see appreciation posts on here, give them a quick read and say to myself "Nice OP! good for you."

    I never really thought about what this game did for me...

    Long story short, I pre ordered this on release and played it on launch day.

    This was about 2 weeks after I separated from my now ex wife, after years of a mentally and emotionally abusive relationship.(Later found out that she was a A Grade Narcissist). She also took my daughter who had just turned 1 at the time and moved to another part of the country over 1000km away.

    It was a dark time for me, I'm doing MUCH better now. In a wonderful new relationship and we were chatting about now I got though this relatively fine?

    It was because of this game.

    I wanted nothing to do with anyone for a long time when everything happened, I was terribly depressed and in a very bad way.

    When Death Stranding released, it was my escape. Away from everything that was happening. I put in ALOT of hours and got the Plat. It was incredible, the relationship Sam had with BB hit me a little hard in the end because of what just happened to me and my daughter, being taken away so young. But it was incredible.

    Kept me sane I think?

    Yeah, so that's me.. Another well deserved appreciation post. I think this has been more than a game to alot of people.

    Thank you to everyone involved in making this gem.

    submitted by /u/Seany_Boy-14
    [link] [comments]

    Got my first tattoo today, inspired by my favorite game

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 08:41 AM PST

    This reminded me of our friend Sam traveling. A truly beautiful experience in game form as close as real life can be.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 04:32 PM PST

    He's the hero America deserves, but not the one it needs right now... a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Legendary Porter

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 10:18 AM PST

    I made some propaganda inspired artwork to commemorate the anniversary. Carry on porters!

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 06:53 PM PST

    Good thing it's only a rental

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 01:35 PM PST

    Do you want to see Death Stranding continued?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 10:27 AM PST

    I can't be one on this one.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 08:27 AM PST

    Is it actually possible to clear out a MULE area?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 06:35 PM PST

    I heard it was, but I keep just binding the MULEs up and nothing happens.

    submitted by /u/overlord_of_cringe
    [link] [comments]

    Finally my Luden Lady has arrived! Took me 2 months for waiting and the package has arrived, a little bit damage but the stuff inside still look fresh and new. My porter guy must be go through a swam of BT or pack of MULEs or something. I gave him 5 stars.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 12:56 AM PST

    FINALLY copped one! This will be among the centerpiece in my room, along with my BB pod life-sized replica.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 12:37 AM PST

    Confession, regret and absolution

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 08:11 PM PST

    I made a terrible mistake of pirating this game and not buying it on Steam Halloween sale 😭😭. I had underestimated Death Stranding. I thought it's just a walking sim so it might not be worth 2.7k even on sale. I was gravely wrong cuz I thought I can play the entire game offline. But once I got to chapter 3, I faced the monumental task of building roads and connecting the various isolated settlements. Each road section construction requires a ridiculous amount of resources which is an astronomical task for a single Porter. I keep raiding MULE camps, haul more than required, almost die from exhaustion, just to carry materials to the road fabricators. It's a punishment for my sin of underestimating and pirating this game. Now I don't know when the game will go on sale as it's normal price is 4k. This game is way too hard without the contribution of other porters on the server and without the Likes. I want to know is it possible to transfer my CPU save files to my Steam save files 😓

    submitted by /u/Sailenthropus
    [link] [comments]

    Some questions about the end

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 04:25 PM PST

    Can someone explain why BB was dying by the end of the game? Also is Higgs alive and stranded on the beach or did he kill himself?

    submitted by /u/_Dom_A
    [link] [comments]

    Death Stranding Anniversary - Been waiting for this day to publish the video I've created after beating the game, hope you enjoy it. [FULL STORY SPOILERS]

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 01:09 PM PST

    Anyone else have anything like this happen?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 11:35 AM PST

    I put the game in for the first time in like 6 months(I've played it multiple times, nothing is really new until now) and I'm about to go down to the South Knot City ruins. I come up across the ridge before overlooking the whole thing.

    Something new happens(for me at least). Sam says "would you look at this shit" the game takes control of sam(couldn't pause or move around, which I've never noticed before as a thing at all) and he walks 3 steps, stops turns and thumbs up's the camera. It pans up slowly above him before resting and giving me control. No Likes were received when he did it, and BB didn't seem to have any reaction.

    Now I'm wondering if there's othwr spots wbere he comments on how great the view is. It was a pretty dope sight to just pop into over the small ridge before.

    submitted by /u/Glennis2
    [link] [comments]

    What annoys you most about death stranding

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 05:11 AM PST

    So before you started to comment that no this is the best game in the world and you are a normie who don't understand the game value I know and agree that this game is a great masterpiece but even the best things in the world have some problems.nothing is perfect in this world So i'm saying what thing/things is realy annoying for you about the game For me bikes were realy annoying You hit a little rock and you would completely stop.i would prefer going on foot rather than bikes but becuase of distance it was time consuming So i was kinda stuck with bikes in some places

    submitted by /u/1masterclock
    [link] [comments]

    When you complete that one delivery. The one that really counts. ��

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 01:54 PM PST

    PC - Awful microstuttering, GPU utilization with vsync

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 12:19 PM PST

    Relevant System specs:

    I5 9400
    16GB RAM
    GTX 1660 6GB Drivers: 457.09

    Picked this up in the recent sale, and while many aspects of the port are good, there are two big problems for me that I don't get with any other game, or at least have not found a way to fix:

    VSYNC (either in-game of forced through control panel) results in random low GPU utilization %. Like I'll have the horsepower to get 60fps at 1440p on my GTX 1660, yet with vsync I'll suddenly get dips into the 40's, with the utilization dropping into the 80% range for no reason. Turn vsync off, boom - 99% usage, framerate above 60fps in the same scene. I can encounter scenes where I'll get 90%+ GPU usage with vsync, then it will suddenly dip. The core clocks are not budging (I have performance mode on in the Nvidia CP) and it's not a CPU bottleneck (obviously then turning off vsync wouldn't fix it if it was). It's just vsync that confuses this game for some reason. Tried setting the cap at 60/120/240, no change. I've had this occur with a couple of other games, the problem is being DX12 the vsync buffer control isn't really accessible like it is with DX11 games, so all the tricks I've used before to work around a broken vsync by developers don't apply here.

    MICROSTUTTER: Absolutely cannot get rid of the microstutter, never seen a game where I couldn't fix it eventually. Tried forced vsync. Fast sync - but again, being DX12 not much surprised this has no effect. Rivatuner. Special K. Disabled all overlays. Disconnected gamepad. Disabled fullscreen optimizations. Nothing, it doesn't show up in a framerate graph with rivatuner/special K, but you can tell by panning the scene with a gamepad, these small, infuriating skips are constant. If you're playing with a mouse and keyboard or have a freesync monitor you probably wouldn't notice these, but if you're like me and play on a TV with a gamepad, you can likely see this as you pan around a scene slowly, most evident when you're looking at high-contrast details such as buildings against a white sky - they'll stutter and skip, despite the framerate saying 60.

    submitted by /u/Fragment_Shader
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment