• Breaking News

    Monday, November 30, 2020

    Death Stranding Hi fellow Kojima fans, wanna show you my crossover fanart of Ludens & PS5, hope yall love it!

    Death Stranding Hi fellow Kojima fans, wanna show you my crossover fanart of Ludens & PS5, hope yall love it!


    Hi fellow Kojima fans, wanna show you my crossover fanart of Ludens & PS5, hope yall love it!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:12 AM PST

    How bout this cryptobiote tree!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:36 PM PST

    "You should have more faith in yourself."

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:16 PM PST

    I don't know why I ever doubted Kojima. This game had been a true source of strength and comfort during a trying time in my life. I really adore Sam's little quips and this one stands out to me. Every time he says it, it feels like he is speaking to me, and telling me to believe in myself. I have to believe that Kojima intended this to be a subtle wall-break to player, as well as simply being a diagetic thing Sam does as a character. In essence, it seems that those things are linked together in this game. Sam and the player. I think that is a beautiful sentiment and flourish. That fusing of player and character especially since the game is so preoccupied with long intervals of time where the player and Sam have only eachother's company. Ofcourse there is the multiplayer component, so you're never truly alone, but I think you all understand what I'm trying to say.

    It's a strange feeling. But during the long stretches of silence and ambience as I trek through the world, hearing Sam talk to himself (and me) is profoundly comforting.

    submitted by /u/NerveHurterRay
    [link] [comments]

    Silent Hill: Death Stranding

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 01:28 PM PST

    King of the world!!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:08 PM PST

    What's your favorite hot spring in the game?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:26 AM PST

    [ENDGAME] 500 Legend of Legends without roads or zip lines

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:06 PM PST

    Finished my second 500 LoL and still wanted more DS and wondered if it was possible to do all 500 without roads or zip lines. Turns out it is. I set about it in offline mode so no other players' zip lines or road sections would populate my world. I did the story on super easy, only doing enough standard orders to get the level 2 truck, chiral boots, and the Novelist's Son on the network so I could set up a generator. I also did every Order for Sam I could (except build a road section and build a zipline), so the re-orders would be waiting when I got down to business. When I finished the story I switched the difficulty to hard and went to work, clearing Central first. The only 3 zip lines were the ones near Mama and I could not dismantle them.

    Some thoughts:

    • The timed delivery from Distro South to the Spiritualist was the hardest to solve with Lake Knot to the Paleontologist coming in second. With the latter, once I solved that, the timed ones to Evo Devo and Heartman from Lake Knot were easy. Part of the paleo solution required a suicidal descent of a ridge between Heartman and the Robotocist. I never did it without some damaged cargo.
    • The biggest difference is constantly having to think about electricity
    • Timed deliveries required both electricity management and good routes.
    • More blue porters were encountered. I pasted two of them, both on the same bridge at different times. My final likes from them was -92. Only twice was a bit of miracle. They were all over the place and there was much dramatic diving out of the way.
    • Never really used the reverse trike before. It always seemed to be more of a rock magnet than anything. It was necessary in this playthrough. Not just using it, but at times having to use RIDE and at others the Long Range.
    • Because I never really used reverse trikes before, I discovered lots of river crossings too deep for them...
    • When alerts come up about structures deteriorating, you pretty much know exactly which structure it is.
    • Common travel routes only interacted with BTs in two areas: near the Distro center in East and between the Robotocist and Heartman in Central. The first you can safely travel through the water though Lou ain't happy about it. The second, I culled the two BTs that spawned there about 6 times as they respawned.
    • Temporary shortcuts needed through BT areas I usually just carved a path through beforehand.
    • I drove to the door of every prepper except the Collector, the Cosplayer and the Musician. I guess you could add the Chiral Artist's Mother too.
    • Before this I didn't know you could even get to the First Prepper or the Elder with a vehicle.
    • It was a much faster playthrough, coming in gamewise at just under 92 hours, although add another 15-20 hours probably for reloads when a delivery went sideways. Or if I screwed a vid cap up going over the hour limit PS allows and had to go back.
    • I ran over way more cargo in this playthrough.
    • The star of progression looks funny with 4 full points and none on top for the player likes.

    https://preview.redd.it/3pgymx7p4i261.png?width=483&format=png&auto=webp&s=4137a1c772f693ccbc7a64035e2a70ca635452a5

    • The game offline seemed even more desolate.
    • Bandwidth management was an issue in Central, but not in East.
    • Not once did I wonder, "Why on earth did someone put a zip line here?"
    • Lou still cries like a giant baby when you fall off cliffs.

    Things I noticed for the first time:

    • If you incapacitate a MULE/Terrorist in the water, a life jacket inflates to keep them above the surface.
    • White BTs removing a terrorist truck...I thought I had a void out for a second.
    • Red BTs drop a ton of crystals.
    • Blue porters used my bridges.
    • I killed my first MULE by hitting them with a truck. I'd heard that it was possible, but it had never happened. When it finally did, I stopped running them over when I passed through their territory.
    • A direct shot from Lake Knot City to Waystation North, cutting between the crater and the Craftsman is the way to go. Even with roads, I'd use that now.

    I'm willing to update this post with links to specific orders if folks request them.

    Here's a link to the playlist for anyone interested.

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHkVIf7YxeI0LRJIJJW-pBol6jrylwcO0

    About the videos:

    I did the orders so there is video from the moment I collect the cargo-not the moment I accept the order-to the moment I deliver it. That means I accepted tons of misc orders and waited until I had all of them in one area or they were a convenience. The only exception were two orders from Mountain Knot and the Doctor to the Mountaineer. The video was about a minute over and starts with me already enroute. I didn't feel like going back and doing all that work for so little. The videos have any number of standard orders completed in them from 29 at the most to 1 at the least. The order numbers are listed in the description of the video.

    Keep on keeping on!

    submitted by /u/frivolous_chicken
    [link] [comments]

    Death Stranding Sam Porter Bridges 1/6th Scale Custom Made Figure.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:55 AM PST

    Manly game huhu

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:49 PM PST

    When MULEs steal your bike and you try to not be upset about it

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:30 AM PST

    Go vote for Death Stranding!! [Steam Awards 2020]

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:11 AM PST

    An interesting clip from Whitelight’s 7-hour review of Death Stranding on YouTube. It’s not just a walking simulator.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:37 PM PST

    My SO is a huge fan of Kojima and more so of Death Stranding so I had to knit him socks.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:05 AM PST

    One of my favorite past-times is teasing the other porters. They can be quite animated. Thankfully they don't stay mad at Sam and we're back to being buddies.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:18 PM PST

    Am I allowed to self promo here?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:02 PM PST

    I sometimes do some Death Stranding streams, it would be cool if I could post it here but I want to be 100% sure first. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Riggs2637
    [link] [comments]

    Made it to the weather station and the timefall farm yesterday

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 11:51 PM PST

    The Black Friday buys are starting to come in!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:24 PM PST

    Thinking about going playing DS for a second time

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:59 PM PST

    But got a couple of questions

    1) I beat the game when it first came out, and haven't gone back, has anything changed?

    2) if I play a new story would my old save get deleted? Or can I put the new save on slot two

    3) if it does overwrite my old save (I hope not) would my old save stay on my cousin PS4 that I have my account log in there? That way I can start a new story at home on my ps5 and do trophies at my cousin's house ( I'm there quite often lol)

    submitted by /u/MufasaTheRealKing
    [link] [comments]

    Had to come back to check on my abandoned truck after completing chapter 4 and getting South Knot up and running. Time flies in this game and I eventually made my way back. It was oddly gutting to find it rusted to hell. This game has a way of drawing out these little personal narratives.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:53 PM PST

    Sense you like a broken window

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 10:46 PM PST

    Idk if anybody thought of this but seeing what Dualsense for the PS5 can do, I almost feel DS should have come put on on PS5 instead of PS4

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:07 AM PST

    All the things you experience in the game from the slidding and sliding to the swimming to every bump in the road when you are driving, everything, the experience would have been vastly boosted I think if DS had come out on PS5.

    submitted by /u/UmeshgaarB
    [link] [comments]

    [I FORGET] I just got the lethal weapons. If I nix someone will I miss something? Will I get a bad ending?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:58 PM PST

    [I FORGET] I just got the lethal weapons. If I nix someone will I miss something? Will I get a bad ending?

    My non-lethal buddy in MGS5

    I go for non-lethal runs in all my games I have an option. It really ramps up the adrenaline and you get a bigger feeling of a reward if you sneak and incapacitate someone. I'm hoping to do it here too, but was just given the lethal weapons. Will I be forced to use them at some point? I'm thinking of just recycling them now.

    you know it wouldn't let me post because I put "If I kill someone" in the title. This is why I couldn't make my other post about Fragile, about why Kojima still ads pervy things to his games.

    submitted by /u/ShinMegamiTenseiIII
    [link] [comments]

    Any Cool Poster Material?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 09:06 PM PST

    Im looking to print a Death Stranding poster to hang in my room, I would definitely rather official art, but I know not a lot exists, so my question is, basically, does anybody have some cool poster material, that's at least 4k? (Please and thank you!) (Also If it has Higgs then bonus points!!)

    submitted by /u/Bringerofpizza
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment