• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 28, 2020

    Death Stranding Persistence. Rule of the Mountain

    Death Stranding Persistence. Rule of the Mountain


    Persistence. Rule of the Mountain

    Posted: 28 May 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    I took the plunge, and earned the Death Stranding platinum trophy. It's my 1st and only platinum.

    Posted: 28 May 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    Loved the game, beat it around the 130 hour mark, then realized the end chapter was a free mode - so what to do?

    Well these pants stars are fun...and so are ziplines...so I went back to East area and ziplined it, then 5 starred it, finding some preppers along the way...

    Task was clear now, took on the Central area, ziplining like crazy, and at around 145 hours I'd 5 starred everything. Nice! Shoutouts to First Prepper, Novelist Son, and Veteran Porter for being real dicks about it.

    Anyway then it dawns on me to check the trophy guide, to see how close I was - normally I never bother with trophies cause they're usually shitty to get. Sure enough - besides the memory chips, most things were well within reach...

    So I grind it out. I had about 25 of the mem chips organically, so I used a map to get the rest (which took some time!). Then I needed to focus on timed deliveries to get the 20 LoL rank deliveries, and also rank Sam up to Lvl 60 for that category.

    Ziplines have been unmaintained since the start - some are crumbling, and I'm humping it out across the mountain with time sensitive cargo trying to fix AND get LoL ranks...this was kind of a fun dual race against the clock and also timefall erosion!

    After some searching, I found my last major trip - a truckload of beer from TimefallFarmers to Lake Knot 'for a party'. Having built the highways ages ago, it's np after I get out of Mule country... and boom - my first fucking platinum. I went and read all the mem chip data ... Lucy's reports were particularly soul crushing. No wonder Sam's all fucked up.

    I was happy, and sad. Hour 150, and truly nothing left to do. I'd come a long way, worn out about 4 pairs of Chiral boots, and consistently kept my neon green party shades on...and like with all characters I'm too attached to, I realized this was the last time I'd see Sam.

    So I drove Sam with his favorite green bike, to the hot springs near Novelist Son, and saved it there. You see, I like to leave them where they'd be happy - so Sam will spend forever having a nice soak. A fitting deathbed for my favorite postman, who I'd likely not play again.

    I have 'completion regret' now. I'm happy I did it, and sad there's no more.

    submitted by /u/SixHourDays
    [link] [comments]

    I’m going on an adventure!

    Posted: 28 May 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    Recently picked the game back up after taking a break and found out there's a new Photo Mode. This seemed like the right time to try it out.

    Posted: 28 May 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    I animated my drawing, tought you guys might like to see it

    Posted: 28 May 2020 04:51 AM PDT

    Night time in The Great Wall Knot City

    Posted: 28 May 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    Me after narrowly avoiding getting caught by a BT and then proceeding to piss on the tar circle around it

    Posted: 28 May 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    I’m a slut for lost cargo

    Posted: 28 May 2020 05:42 AM PDT

    Beep beep mf!!!

    Posted: 28 May 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    Is this Conan O’Brian?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    Covid-19 really made me appreciate Death Stranding more.

    Posted: 28 May 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    As much as i loved the game, i just couldn't get 100% into it, since this future presented in the game was "unrealistic", i always was thinking "man, a society where everybody just shut themselves at home, this is kinda stupid" then well, covid happened xD. Now on my second playthrough, i'm enjoying it so much more. Maybe gonna aim for the plat this time.

    submitted by /u/Hikse
    [link] [comments]

    Two Against the World

    Posted: 28 May 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    He left his bike again on the road? You know what, this time I'll wait...

    Posted: 28 May 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    Did you know ? The Weather Station is located at the exact center of the map (look at the location coordinate at the top right of the map)

    Posted: 28 May 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    What if Death Stranding had night mode

    Posted: 28 May 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    I didn't think of it much because video game logic, until an e-mail seemed to imply that a day-night cycle doesn't exist in the world of Death Stranding. It's always daytime.

    But I got thinking... with so few settlements and very little light pollution, the scenery could be so beautiful at night. All the stars, the milky way, aurora, maybe even chiral rainbows at night? Nighttime would add to the feeling of isolation but the beauty is inspiring. Cliff talked to BB about humans exploring the moon and stars, why not give us a taste?

    ...because then you go tripping on the rocks because you couldn't see them in the dark, and BTs would be nigh-impossible to see! haha

    A day-night cycle might make it annoying to plan deliveries around but maybe a future "Northern Region" (Alaska? actual Iceland? Canada?) DLC that's always night could be neat. Maybe with the goal of launching something into space, because that one scene of Cliff telling BB about space travel made me really want a space sequence in DS.

    submitted by /u/MisterCrowbar
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be claiming materials at the facilities I connect with?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    Every facility you connect with has a bank of materials you can claim and then recycle. Should I be sucking all of these locations dry or does it benefit to keep each location stocked with materials? I'm on episode 3 right now.

    submitted by /u/deadmansbonez
    [link] [comments]

    I'd be a hell ot a lot further than Chapter 4 if I didn't have to stop every two seconds and film the scenery. Great job Kojima Productions and Team Decima. [video]

    Posted: 28 May 2020 04:38 AM PDT

    Cryptobiotes are an acquired taste!

    Posted: 28 May 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    Has anyone else noticed how Sam at first says that the taste of cryptobiotes are disgusting, but if he persists in eating them, he eventually says that they're delicious and not bad?!

    These funny little details is one of many reasons why I enjoy Kojima's games.

    submitted by /u/Rupee_Roundhouse
    [link] [comments]

    [Endgame] Deadman and Die Hardman

    Posted: 28 May 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    Why is Deadman (and to an extension Heartman and Lockne) so suspicious of Die Hardman? Even by the end Deadman still doesn't trust him. I mean we already know he killed Cliff (and Sam accidentally) under Bridget's orders and that his real name is John, an ex-special forces soldier. But Deadman still insists that he's not to be trusted. Anyone got any theories?

    submitted by /u/AdrianShepard09
    [link] [comments]

    Playing blind is best. Just randomly found this and went like "What the hell...?!?"

    Posted: 28 May 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    [Spoiler] All types of BTs and information about them

    Posted: 28 May 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    I'm wanting to compile a list of all of the special types of BTs and their properties. If I've missed something mention it in the comments. Normal BT (Chaser)-Found everywhere, brings you to (I think) Catchers Catchers- BT mini bosses, causes voidout if the player is killed by it. Infant Chasers- generally found when cutting umbilical cords of chasers. Hard to spot until alone, not found in many areas. Giant BT- large, (I believe but have not tested) unkillable BT chaser that's you can't cut the umbilical cord, as far as I'm aware only found at the volcano observation point. I would recommend avoiding this BT while on the missions in the area. Golden Chasers- Chasers that only show up in areas that have already had a voidout in them, fails game instantly on being caught by them. Red/fire Chasers- I don't know much about these, I haven't seen one in game, but as far as I'm aware they are only killable by cutting their cord or using special ammunition. This is my list as far as I know, but if I missed a BT or information about one, let me know.

    submitted by /u/BSBFishLicker
    [link] [comments]

    Were there any characters, symbols, or references to other video games in Death Stranding?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    So my friends and I are making a long convoluted list of crossover universe and I want to throw Death Stranding in there somehow. I'm not expecting solid snake himself to be a prepper or anything like that, but if there is like a FOX patch lying somewhere as an easter egg, or something related to Silent Hill that'd be cool. (not limited to these games, just any easter egg I can use as an excuse to connect it to another game)

    submitted by /u/HotDogGrass
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment