• Breaking News

    Friday, February 28, 2020

    Death Stranding A little Higgs sketch. The game gives me tons of inspiration.

    Death Stranding A little Higgs sketch. The game gives me tons of inspiration.


    A little Higgs sketch. The game gives me tons of inspiration.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 11:52 AM PST

    In China’s quarantine, we’re all trapped in our homes while brave couriers bring supplies (including pizza). Familiar somehow?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 09:10 AM PST

    A higgs drawing I did!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 03:20 PM PST

    Love how Yoji's character design has a specific signature no matter how many years pass or what game it is

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 02:45 AM PST

    Patch notes 1.11

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 07:18 PM PST

    I felt like Sam carrying this huge box from one end of the city to the other but damn, it was a bargain I couldn't say no to. :D

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 11:37 AM PST

    Communication has its drawbacks. From Awkwardzombie.com

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 09:35 AM PST

    The Statue of Lucifer in the Holy Trinity Church in Marylebone, London. Remind y’all of anything??

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 03:15 PM PST

    Death stranding is one of my favourite gaming experiences this generation

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 03:16 PM PST

    Well I just finished the game. I realize that this game came out in November, however I got it on sale after grabbing a PS4 pro. Let me preface this by saying I had absolutely 0 interest in the game during its release. I have never been a big Hideo Kojima fan. I played metal gear solid 2 on my PlayStation 1 as a kid, but didn't know anything about the story what so ever. I remember seeing the trailers for this game when they first started to come out and thought, "oh Mads Miklson, cool!" And "oh Guiermo Del Toro? In a game? Weird!", and that was it. So when the game came out, I paid no attention to the controversy and polarization. I knew that it had been criticized for shallow gameplay and it had been called a "fed ex game". However, I recently decided to pull the trigger with the new system and my recent new OLED, hoping for a cool story with new graphics. MAN, was I blown away by this game. I realize that it definitely isn't for everybody, and that it definitely has some faults, but the entirety of the game was an absolutely engaging, original, different, melancholic experience that I don't think I've ever had in a video game.

    I think what struck me so much was exactly what it was being criticized for. I went into it knowing that the gameplay consisted of walking and getting from point A to B, and that journey WAS the gameplay. The task/challenge of having to manage what you carry, how you carry it, how you are going to plan your route to where you need to get to was so simple, yet so refreshing. I found it really compelling and addictive. Tbh, some of my least enjoyable parts of the game were the shooting that you had to do. However, trying to haul your last load that's so heavy you are falling over, having almost no stamina left and then hearing the daunting PING from incoming M.U.L.E.s and having to escape was one of my all time stressful, and enjoyably experiences in a video game. Also, travelling across America really made you feel like you were going on a huge, continental adventure. I loved that bit especially.

    In terms of story, I thought that, by the end of it, was absolutely phenomenal. I can't believe this is a completely new IP. Also, the performances were absolutely amazing, as well as the characters (with some few exceptions). Sam left something to be desired, however I still loved Norman Reedus being the protagonist . Also, Troy Baker as Higgs was almost non existent. I also thought Mads Mikelsons story was hollow.. but then I got to the end. Looking back over the entirety of the story, that section of the story was by far my favourite, seeing it all come to a crashing conclusion made me real emotional for something that up until the ending, I had no clue on what was going on.

    By the end, I do realize that issues such as repetitiveness are apparent, especially if you are not involved in the core gameplay loop. However, I knew what that loop consisted of and I ended up absolutely loving it. I haven't gotten an experience like this ever, and I hope that more people give this game a chance. Kojima took a bold step in saying "I'm gunna make a game about delivering items from A to B". But the thing is, for me, it worked phenomenally.

    TLDR: HIDEO KOJIMA MAKE GOOD GAME

    submitted by /u/cod5chipmunk
    [link] [comments]

    Sam and Lou by Saim Alshafi

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 04:08 AM PST

    [Spoiler Episode 9] An update came out right as I was in the middle of this.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 04:50 AM PST

    Can someone explain more about DOOMs and Chiral Allergy?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 05:50 PM PST

    I'm just confused about what DOOMs is and I think it's called Chiral Allergy?

    submitted by /u/Bad_At_Grammar_
    [link] [comments]

    A comprehensive list of things I want and thought I was gonna get by the end of the game.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 08:56 PM PST

    1. Small fabricator for the pack pack. Like creating grenades at the cost of using materials on your person and a blood pack.

    2. Leveling up Dooms. I really wanted to summon BTs. At the very least I wanted to summon pools of tar to grab human enemies and hold them so I can shoot them.

    3. A hover surfboard. Like the floating cargo container only powered. It would use up a slot for the cargo container and would use a lot more chiral crystal. It would be a gold item so if you lost it or destroyed it you'd need to go deliver stuff.

    4.Upgraded sticky gun. Capable of pulling humans and BTs to the ground in order to tie up or cut the cord. Likely with increased ammo.

    1. Kinetic Batteries. When not using any gear that uses electricity running would gain charge. (Would have a decently fast charge rate)(Gold item)

    2. Transferable emergency Batteries. Basically batteries you can transfer from your person to a vehicle and back to yourself.

    3. BT Vision/googles: Removes the need to stand still to see BTs.

    4. Clutch and Tackle upgraded Ropes. Basically you could attach floating cargo to the end of the rope.

    5. A Upgraded Power Gloves: Allows you to climb short vertical distances. Like Breath is the Wild.

    6. Reusable Blood bags. Activate to drain blood. Then eat a cryptobiot to replenish. Obviously a gold item so limited in quantity.

    7. Some sort of water transportation. I was thinking a attachment to the hover board like a bucket that pulls you along the water stream.

    submitted by /u/BetaQp
    [link] [comments]

    Regarding my previous post, fellow porter came back with a replacement!������ He was finally able to avoid any MULEs and BTs.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 05:52 AM PST

    Tfw when you play for 5 hours and refuse to take a break.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 01:18 PM PST

    GETTING DRUNK IN DEATH STRANDING

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 02:20 PM PST

    From Sapiens to Ludens

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 03:04 PM PST

    [Patch 1.11] Some general cutscenes can now be skipped after the second instance using the cancel button.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 05:11 AM PST

    Recent pre-order on PC and I have a few questions

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 06:56 PM PST

    As the title says I just preordered Death Stranding. I have a few questions;

    1. Is there a release date confirmed, or just early summer?
    2. Will there be any extra content for preordering?
    3. Why does the game release so much later on PC?
    submitted by /u/greasydoor
    [link] [comments]

    Where to get chemicals

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 01:35 PM PST

    Hey guys, i just unlocked ziplines and I was about to build a bunch when I realized they take a lot more chemicals than I have. The mule camps I've cleared don't have much. Someone said you get chemicals by killing BTs. Is this true? Does that mean I have to kill the bigger catcher or just the regular BTs? I just can't see BTs dropping a piece of cargo for you.

    Thanks porters

    submitted by /u/BO-DACIOUS55
    [link] [comments]

    Band with level seven DOOMS

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 09:46 AM PST

    Has anyone else noticed that MULEs' sirens sound an awful lot like the beginning of Prodigy's 'Firestarter'? I keep expecting this song to play every time I go to ransack a camp, it would fit right in.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2020 08:27 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment