• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 1, 2020

    Death Stranding I made a treadmill PS4 controller to force me to exercise with Sam

    Death Stranding I made a treadmill PS4 controller to force me to exercise with Sam


    I made a treadmill PS4 controller to force me to exercise with Sam

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 10:33 AM PST

    Darwins Law confirmed

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 05:05 AM PST

    I bumped in to Sam in Auckland, New Zealand.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 09:32 PM PST

    Scrapped enemies from the newest artbook.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 07:50 AM PST

    Iceland’s black beach

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:20 PM PST

    Keep on likein' on

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:49 PM PST

    Death Stranding (2019)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:00 PM PST

    a concept art from ART OF DEATH STRANDING

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:42 PM PST

    I havent finished the game but heres Cliff!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:08 PM PST

    A little DS in the corner of my notebook

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:53 PM PST

    THANK YOU, KOJIMA ����

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:43 PM PST

    Thanks a Million!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 07:46 PM PST

    Are you okay, Sam?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 02:45 PM PST

    Memory chip 51 had me almost in tears. I haven't had a game hit me this hard since the MGS series.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:28 PM PST

    Night time would make DS so much better/creepy

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:55 PM PST

    The first time we arrived Lake Knot City the night time was absolutely gorgeous and given that we can use the odradek as flash light in the vietnam sequence this was a wasted oppurtunity to increase the eerie feel of the game.

    Night time + Timefall rain + Time sensitive parcels = insta-nut

    submitted by /u/eyebleach_service
    [link] [comments]

    This guy deserves 1 hell of a ATA-BOY.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:07 AM PST

    Here's some hot pizza for Peter Englert - my food fanart with recipe for BT tapenada! I couldn't get real Q-pid so I used some pendrive cases for stylization ;)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 10:51 AM PST

    Cryptobiote

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:48 AM PST

    Theorize theorize!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 02:36 AM PST

    The 'Like' mechanic in this game is too real! I need one of those bracelets!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:29 AM PST

    tl;dr: Has anyone made a stripped-down version of the D.S. bracelet yet? I love when people give out in-person 'Likes' in this game and think that it would make me feel good to see someone give one irl.

    First time poster long time lurker! Know going in that I think giving a 'thumbs-up' is, in general, way cool. Done well it is - along with the wink and the lighting of a cigarette - one of the three most way-cool gestures a human being can perform, but it is very risky. Done wrong one can look very corny indeed.

    Anyway, I've been knocked low with bronchitis the past ten or so days, which means I've had a lot of time to get intimate with Death Stranding.

    In particular, I loved this one little moment where Heartman flicks a +20 'Like' Sam's way. There isn't anything noteworthy about it on its own within the context of the game. I've seen about a million NPCs throw Sam a 'Like'. This one moment, though...probably cause it was a full-fat mo-capped capital-C Cinematic and the actor was real talented, but man! It just seemed SO natural, like any 'real life' gesture of friendship I've exchanged with a friend over the course of my life.

    I know it's silly, 'cause I obviously see the thumbs-up used regularly in life. I don't mean the half-hearted 'thumbs-up' that one may give their manager at work when assigned a project. It isn't the extremely deliberate kind that I threw when I saw my wife on my wedding day, dopey grin on my face and all. It's that casual but cheerful motion everyone in this game uses, combined with that tasty chirpy 'bloO-DOO-DOO...LIKE!!', and the fact that it's so seamlessly integrated into the script/vocal performances.

    If, as Death Stranding posits, everyone wore a 'Like'-let, I'd be tossing out 'Likes' like hotcakes. It's so satisfying! It scratches an itch that Facebook-esque (two-dimensional?) 'Liking' never reaches for my brain. I feel like after a week out of the office I'm going to catch myself giving out corny thumbs-ups and saying 'LIKE!' in a woodpecker voice.

    This game has moved me in a lot of ways! I love the melodrama, the gameplay, the themes blah blah, but I was still taken off guard by that lil' Heartman moment. I've never experienced a moment in a game where I was so fully bought into the social dynamics of a fictional society! It was cool.

    The studio's choices as to where the game world overlaps with our own were so well considered. The thumbs-up is so obvious - so perfect! - as the game's symbol for optimism. I've felt for a long time like the power of a good 'ol 'thumbs-up' had been cheapened by its implementation on sites like Facebook. That function is like a caricature of a great masterpiece, and folks are starting to mistake it for the real thing.

    D.S.' version of the 'thumbs-up'/'Like!' is such a beautiful balance of the two competing desires that giving a 'Like' or a 'thumbs-up' each satisfy: the need to connect with people [in person], but sometimes the need for a layer of anonymity over those interactions. You can't just go up to your crush and throw them a regular old 'thumbs-up' in real life! Not unless you're the shit!

    Put on a 'Like'-let; now when you're flirting with that crush, you can throw out one of the three most Powerful gestures in the world at will! You have a social mandate to practice your form in public. You slip it in in passing, playful-like. It's fun, flirty, but also not, it all depends. The 'thumbs-up' wins the moment, but the 'Like' stays with the crush forever.

    ::bong rip::

    It's fun to think about all the ways this dynamic could go wrong in life, too. In the optimistic spirit of the game, though, I'll choose to not be cynical at this moment. lol if you've read this far, bless you.

    submitted by /u/IMMA_READ_THAT
    [link] [comments]

    Saying hello to other online players with touchpad?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 05:59 PM PST

    The other day while playing I hit the touch pad and Sam said his normal "hello" and then I heard another "hello" echo back, slightly fainter than mine and saw another player's name tag appear nearby. I tried it twice more and each time a "hello" echoed back. This was the first time this ever happened for me.

    Has anyone else had this experience?

    submitted by /u/WanderingZed
    [link] [comments]

    Threw the patches on my hoodie!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:49 AM PST

    If the roads in the Central Region are already built I will start a new game.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:20 PM PST

    When I first got DS I decided to play through it offline. I don't know why... I just wanted to. My favorite part of the game is building roads. I built every road available to me offline. I loved it.

    But not having the top of my star icon leveled up bothered me to no end. So I started a new game right when I was supposed to deliver Mama.

    However, playing online isn't exactly what i thought because I haven't really felt in my heart like a team player.

    Every single structure I've built has eother gotten 0 likes or has already been placed there (I guess) in a different multiverse. So to get my likes I've been picking up any lost cargo and delivering them. Doesn't matter where it's going, I'll take it. I'll go gather all my resources and upgrades everything I can find. So if I can't contribute one way then I'll just contribute another way.

    But the roads. I don't want to build them myself just for likes.. Although that would be nice since my generators in a BT area with no other generator in sight received a clean 0 likes or a bridge that goes across the river to the Musician I built got 0 likes as well while a weird bridge above Port Knot City far over away from anything and takes you nowhere received 26,476 likes. I want to build the roads cause I love the grind and really do want to contribute something that would help other Porter's who don't have the time or desire to work on them.

    Sorry for my rant lol I love this game and I know I sound selfish but I swear if I use something that another Porter built I will spend all the 7 seconds "smacking that like button"

    submitted by /u/Bedazzal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment