• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 11, 2019

    Death Stranding Do you think BB would want apples or fries with that kids meal?

    Death Stranding Do you think BB would want apples or fries with that kids meal?


    Do you think BB would want apples or fries with that kids meal?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 05:45 PM PST

    Mads Mikkelsen and Norman Reedus on a break after a mocap session

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 03:32 AM PST

    This is why I really play this game....

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 06:33 PM PST

    I put some chiral crystals in the garden

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 03:30 PM PST

    What the food sees from inside the microwave

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 08:07 AM PST

    Ummm excuse me? That’s my bike!

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 04:06 PM PST

    “Once.. There was an explosion” my artwork for this amazing game

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 11:28 AM PST

    I made this bowl during my ceramics class

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 08:26 PM PST

    Finally Finished. Model of BT 3D printed and assembled. Just a rough draft to test my model so I'll be printing a better version in higher quality

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 09:30 AM PST

    Screenshot I got

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 06:12 PM PST

    At the rate I’m going it’ll be 2020 before I’m done with the story (only on episode 3)

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 11:33 AM PST

    I saw that $120,000 banana installation, looked at BB and the tape, and saw an opportunity

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 09:09 AM PST

    Wow...just..wow

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 05:02 PM PST

    Just beat the game and I'm so glad I didn't listen to the critics and reviews. What a bizarre, grindy, yet satisfying experience. Thank you Kojima for this god damn work of art 🥺

    submitted by /u/tajthemahal
    [link] [comments]

    ✨Sam Porter Bridges as a goose✨

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 11:47 AM PST

    Aphenphosmphobia

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 07:56 PM PST

    Following this Elite Mover on the way home from work / Port Knot Los Angeles

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 07:32 PM PST

    Think my vehicle is ready for the SDT

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 08:40 PM PST

    BB Yoda is my fav

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 04:16 PM PST

    My best friend 3D printed new two Q-pid tags as a Christmas gift and I love them

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 08:46 PM PST

    Running marathons, anxiety, and Death Stranding.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 07:20 PM PST

    I am in the military and my job is known for being incredibly stressful. That stress has slowly developed into a form of general anxiety that I've dealt with for most of my adult life. I don't know what anxiety is like for anyone else, but for me it is very mentally driven. When I feel it I often try to take a few deep breaths, slow down my heart rate, and think about something calming. I've found many ways to help cope with it but mainly I lean on running and video games. I love running because it forces me to concentrate, slow down my breathing, and requires a great deal of willpower and mental strength to reach longer distances. When I play games I'm usually looking for an experience that I can sort of get lost in. The ones that make your mind shut off to anything and everything else you may have been thinking about that day. I often fall off of games that stress me out. Not due to difficulty (I love hard games) or even stress while playing. It really comes down to how I think about the game when I'm not playing it. If the thought of logging back into a game gives me anxiety, I move on.

    After the 100 hours it took me to complete Death Stranding, I can say that it has been an extremely therapeutic experience for me. When it started, I imagine that I had a similar experience to a lot of people. Sam tripped over each and every rock as I tried to find the shortest route to my destination. After a few hours of watching Sam stumble around like a baby deer I finally realized what the game was trying to tell me. It was basically screaming at me to slow down, take a deep breath, take in the scenery, and enjoy the journey. To me, the gameplay was just like running a marathon. Even though you think you can run faster you just need to relax and save your energy for the later miles. Any time I tried to rush a delivery or take an I'll-advised shortcut the game would slap my hand with a ruler and remind me to slow down. Over time, when Sam fell, I knew it was because I was being impatient. I eventually realized that any time this happened I was having a mental conversation with myself. A conversation that was very similar to one I usually have when I'm dealing with anxiety or running a race. I would tell myself to take a few deep breaths, slow down, and think about just embracing and enjoying the experience. To me, the game was relentless with this lesson. The repetition of the game punishing me anytime I tried to force things or rush through a delivery helped me reach a sort of peace. I ended up playing for another 90 hours, grabbing lost cargo, bringing facilities up to 5 stars, building every section of road, and just exploring the world. It essentially taught me to savor the experience, which resulted in me enjoying this game as much, if not more than any game I've ever played.

    After completing the game I was starting to feel anxiety while at work. I took a few deep breaths, slowed down my heart rate, and for some reason I started thinking about hiking through an Icelandic landscape with a low roar song playing in my headphones. Death Stranding had amazingly become the thing I thought about to calm my nerves.

    With all that said, I was wondering if this, or any other game, has impacted anyone else in a meaningful way?

    submitted by /u/jmottss
    [link] [comments]

    I know low roar was supposed to be the headliners but Silent Poets stole the show for me.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 08:44 PM PST

    Just finished. Amazing game. Happy holidays for you all. Keep on keeping on!

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 04:47 PM PST

    Sneaky mission went kinda wrong

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 05:14 PM PST

    To all porters out there

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 05:55 PM PST

    I saw a similiar post once and i wanted to write my own thoughts about Death Stranding..or more like the effect it have on my life. If any of you need to hear this..life is hard and unfair sometimes. We all struggle with something, and sometimes it feels like everything could collapse at any moment. But the best thing you can do is tighten your straps, get up and go forward, and most importantly, keep on keeping on. It will get better, this community and all porters are here to help each other. You are never alone..👍

    submitted by /u/Retro012
    [link] [comments]

    Right in the feels

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 02:01 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment