• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 29, 2020

    Death Stranding Just picked up the game & decided to draw some fanart. Happy holidays!

    Death Stranding Just picked up the game & decided to draw some fanart. Happy holidays!


    Just picked up the game & decided to draw some fanart. Happy holidays!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:17 AM PST

    Just started my 3rd playthrough

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:39 AM PST

    While, I have to say a game has never connected with me on the level of Kojima’s latest masterpiece, I can’t help feeling...

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:38 PM PST

    An illustration of Higgs I recently finished!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:48 PM PST

    If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough (?)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:36 PM PST

    Close-up of the five floating figures

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:10 AM PST

    Here's my Cliff painting I did. Hope you guys like it!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:19 PM PST

    How could Kojima resist?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:16 AM PST

    Finally got a nice shot while on the floating carrier.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:35 AM PST

    You know you're screwed when you see this

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:42 AM PST

    [Death Stranding] Rainbow

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:07 AM PST

    Got Ludens II - signed Yoji Shinkawa lithograph and Im hoping for release of Ludens III in 2021:))

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:25 AM PST

    Minor spoiler?!?!?!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 04:13 PM PST

    Ahhhhhhhh I got the bola and immediately got attacked by a band of mules and took a couple of them down and then knocked the rest out and stole their truck and jesus it felt so satisfying. Idk what it is about this game. Its just so obviously a hideo game and also the story is creepy and fun and the mechanics are weird af and just...idk I'm just now playing it on pc and I'm basically ignoring any and everything else. I just keep picking it over and over again over everything else and I'm here to fanboy out. Lets build those roads and make stuff happen

    submitted by /u/catfartzz
    [link] [comments]

    Went on a hike today in Spain, ended up feeling like a porter en route to the Wind Farm

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:37 AM PST

    When you know BTs are in the area and peace nor stealth were never an option.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:01 AM PST

    Happy Holidays!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 01:36 PM PST

    Some screenshots I took over the last days. This game's visuals are stunning

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 05:30 AM PST

    Igor's death song cut out.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 03:24 PM PST

    All open-world games should take notes and learn from the balance mechanic in Death Stranding!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 10:07 PM PST

    I've only played Death Stranding once since launch, but what has become clear to me since I finished the game back then is that the mechanic of balancing yourself while walking in this game is a must-have for most, if not all, open-world games.

    I played the game only once, and I still remember so much about the world I traveled: the topography; safehouse locations; where a river was shallow and/or narrow enough to traverse with or without tools; the safest routes up and down mountains, or the riskier ones for deliveries requiring more speed; even the player-placed bridges and the like became landmarks by which I could orient myself.

    The mechanic of actively balancing myself while walking forced me to look at the world in detail, and as a result I came to remember and appreciate it for its beauty to an incredible extent. On one hand I had to look at the ground right at my feet for sticks and stones so as not to trip over them and damage my cargo, but on the other hand I also had to look ahead and plan for how to cross rivers, scale mountains, and how to avoid or sneak through enemy territory. In other words, I was actively engaging visually with every aspect of the world, as if the developers of this game were saying directly to me "Look at this! We made this! Isn't it wonderful?"

    I've played a good deal of open-world games through the years, and recently I've been playing Cyberpunk 2077 and Horizon: Zero Dawn. These two games are very fun indeed and also have incredibly detailed worlds. Do I ever find myself marveling at the views while traversing them, however? No, I don't. The beautiful visuals of the worlds sadly just become pleasant background noise as I make a beeline straight from point A to B to fight or talk to someone or something; traversability be damned, I'll swim across a tumultuous river at the edge of its waterfall, scale a mountain vertically and plough through civilians and oncoming traffic with my car just to get there!

    If someone asked me to go somewhere in Cyberpunk 2077 or Horizon: Zero Dawn without a quest marker or looking at the map, I would probably be lost for hours even though I've already spent tons of hours playing these games. If I got the same question for Death Stranding however, I would probably be able to reach the destination without too much difficulty even now, although I haven't played for ages.

    One can clearly see that developers put a lot of effort into crafting beautiful open worlds for their games, so it's a shame that their beauty and detail is lost on a lot of players because the gameplay isn't letting them visually interact with the world itself in a meaningful way like Death Stranding, unless you stop playing and just look at it.

    I want to enjoy the visuals of the open-world games I play, but it's so hard to do as a person who easily gets caught up in the gameplay itself. I'll be across the map before I know it because someone told me I had to do that thing over there. It's like the travel from A to B is some sort of loading screen between the gameplay, where I occasionally loot stuff and B changes to a different objective because I got distracted by something.

    Death Stranding remedied that by forcing me to engange actively and visually with the world. I actually play the game between A and B too! I see the world, its detail, its beauty! Please, make every world this easy and fun to enjoy visually!

    I understand that the mechanics of balancing one's walking is not compatible with a lot of gameplay focused on action, which is probably why, in most games, walking is just... walking. A simple solution could be to have a traversal mode when not engaged in combat, which switches to combat mode when you encounter enemies, I guess.

    submitted by /u/Grolgapop
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to Even Start the Game (Access Violation error message (C0000005h))

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 06:14 PM PST

    Hi guys!

    I bought Death Stranding from Epic Store and the following message error always appears when I try to start the game. I can't even start it without crashing.

    The error: https://imgur.com/i3hhQaK

    My Specs:

    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz
    Manufacturer: Intel
    Speed: 3.1 GHz
    Number of Cores: 4
    RAM 8.0 GB

    Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 920MX
    Manufacturer Chipset GeForce 920MX
    Total Memory 6.0 GB

    Video Card #2
    Video Card Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
    Manufacture Chipset Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
    Total Memory
    5.0 GB

    Operating System Windows 10
    Size 64-bit
    Version
    10.0.18362

    BIOS 0XCN23WW
    Manufacturer LENOVO

    Things I've already tried:

    • Running the game in admin mode
    • Verifying the files, reinstalling the game
    • updating GPU
    • Putting the vcruntime140_1.dll file in the game folder
    • I checked for Realtek Sound driver, but It's not the one my PC uses
    • I have DirectX 12 installed
    • I installed Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 (64 and 86)

    Can someone please help me? I don't really have issues running other games, I've alredy contacted 505 customer service but they are taking forever to reply, and I'd like to either solve the issue or give up before the refund deadline ends.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/saturn_64
    [link] [comments]

    Road building mechanic

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 12:25 PM PST

    Hi, i would like to know how does road building works. I see and I am geting msgs about random players donating material to a specific paver with amount of mats in paver as well but i never saw actually completed road until I complete it and only today i got msg that some guy complete a road near Doctor and it was yellow piece indeed on the map. I did build the road all the way up to Distribution center north of mountain Knot city and i w8 to connect every base so i dont have to put all the mats by myself. My question is how in the love of God in my 60 hour i never saw any completed road till now this little piece? I tought that game want you to actually complete it but allows other to contribute.

    [EDIT]: I just finished all my roads. Feels good. 🙂

    submitted by /u/ViperMortis
    [link] [comments]

    Will DS work in my PC

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:24 PM PST

    I'm having a old Dell T3500 PC with 4gb gtx 1050ti and 12gb RAM Win 10 Pro. It has Xeon processor will death stranding work in my PC. Recently I have upgraded gpu from gt 610 to gtx 1050ti. My old games like MG V RE6 works well. Will DS work?? Here is my spec sheet

    https://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/precn/en/q2wk6_dell_precision_t3500_spec_sheet.pdf

    submitted by /u/kudoshinichi-8211
    [link] [comments]

    4 hrs into my first playthrough. Chilling to pop virus(one of the best fucking games ive ever played. The moment i saw its gameplay i knew this game is perfect for me even went so far as to defend it aginst those haters calling it. Ashitty game.)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:46 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment